Wheat is very good for health of both human beings as well as pets but still there are some dogs that are very allergic to wheat and other ingredients. In this way, these dog owners are not able to feed their dogs with meals including wheat element. For this purpose, they go to the store and look forward for wheat free food items for their dogs. As wheat is a very cheap ingredient, wheat free food items are very expensive and are not affordable for each and every dog owner. You should not get worry about this situation as there are different wheat free recopies over the internet that you can consider for your pooch.
Cookies are being loved by almost all dogs so you can go for wheat free cookies for your pets for sure. Here we are going to point out very simple wheat free dog cookie recipes.
Peanut Butter Cookies:
Peanut butter 260 grams
Sugar 200 grams
Beaten egg 1
- Preheat the oven
- Put sugar, beaten egg and peanut butter into a mixing bowl. Now mix all these ingredients very well. Leave this mixture stand for almost 5 minutes so that it could firm up
- Roll the mixture into very fine small balls and then place them on the cookie sheet
- Bake these balls for almost 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the biscuits from oven and leave them for few minutes on the baking tray. It is so because otherwise all cookies will crumble After some minutes, transfer all cookies to a cooling rack
Cleo’s Pumpkin Biscuits:
Canned pumpkin ½ cup
Dry milk 2 tbsp.
Tea salt ¼ tea spoon
Brown rice flour 1 cup
Dried parsley 1 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to bake cookies according to your oven’s temperature
- Whisk together pumpkin and eggs in a bowl so that it could smooth perfectly. Stir in sea salt, dried parsley and dry milk. After this, add all brown rice flour to this mixture and mix it very well in order to make dough
- Roll the dough and make small cookie like balls. You can also make any other shape of your desire. Make sure that size of the cookie is not very big because if the size is very big then it will be very difficult for a dog to chew the biscuits easily. There are different cookie shape cutters in the markets for this purpose. You can go for them for sure
- Place all shaped cookies on the cookie sheet. There is no need for greasing
- Bake the cookies for almost 20 minutes and then remove them from oven carefully
- Turn all cookies and bake again for 20 minutes
- Cool down all cookies by placing them on cooling rack
Overall, these wheat free baking recipes for dogs are very simple and affordable for all dog owners. So, if your dog is allergic to wheat then you can try these treats for sure.